Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Flower Parade are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 18th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Thelma T Reyna

 

CLOUD GODS

 

 

cloud gods got together this morning

coated lapis on ceramic skies

swooshed cotton contrail on distant hills

and disappeared the streak in pines

 

got sun to slant on hopscotch puddles

holding fast to concrete cracks

mirrors shimmying my steps

sun coaxed from hiding just for me

 

who stationed birds on this burly arc of oak

this arm that bends close to my path

who posted birds on this fountain by the fence

bubbling invitations to swoop and bathe

 

who sprayed all these picket fences white

fixed gates and put geraniums by new posts

red flowers to tap me as I pass

recalling I’m the widow down the street

 

rain and record colds have prisoned me

with books, keyboards, calendars, clocks

but cloud gods popped genie lamps today 

to make this magical world my gift


 

________________________________

Originally published in Dearest Papa: A Memoir in Poems

(Golden Foothills Press, 2020).

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Just Love Me     The spark starts a fire.   Grass, trees, flowers, buildings, living beings go up in flames.   Amidst the destruction is a t...