Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Flower Parade are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 18th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Monday, March 13, 2023

CLS Sandoval


Just Love Me 

 

The spark starts a fire. 

Grass, trees, flowers, buildings, living beings go up in flames. 

Amidst the destruction is a tiny little girl clutching her tattered teddy bear. 

Just love me. 

 

The rain drop starts a flood. 

Streets, tributaries, sidewalks, ponds, back yards all resemble oceans. 

Floating on a ratty raft, the little girl and her bear cling to breath. 

Just love me. 

 

The fault line allows the quake to spread. 

Mountains, houses, telephone towers crumble like sand. 

Girl and bear curl up tightly beneath a sturdy table. 

Just love me. 

 

The angry words start an angry mix of words and pummels. 

Skin, promises, bones, beliefs, hearts break. 

Hidden in a corner, the little girl shelters her teddy bear from the scene. 

Just love me. 

 

The rejected lust starts the attack. 

Body, confidence, dreams, hope, dignity are lost. 

In the fetal position, the little girl desperately attempts to cover her exposed body with her bear. 

Just love me. 

 





Meadow 

 

Scent of peppermint 

Surrounded by tiger lilies 

Brooke babbles softly 

You are around me 

You hold me tightly 

 

Intensity in your eyes 

Builds; builds inside of you 

So that you can explode 

Inside of me 

Moving deeper… 

 

We share one body 

For at least a moment 

And we are covered in 

Little white flowers 

That you don’t know the name of… 

 




You Don’t Have to Be Afraid Anymore 

 

The silence of this moment, wraps around us tight, 

Never have I felt so warm, on such a chilly night. 

You nuzzle close to my throat, and I softly pet your hair, 

Strong arms around my waist and your words of love show me that you care. 

 

I long to trace my fingers along your exposed skin, 

I promise to be gentle with your heart, if you will let me in, 

Upon our backs we lay, as you tell stories of the stars, 

Noise is lost from crickets and the many passing cars. 

 

Palms and geraniums move quietly in the breeze, 

You know all the names of the flowers and the trees. 

Brilliance in your mind shines so very bright, 

I think my heart is ready to give up this fight. 

 

Future will take us so far away from this, and how, 

But none of that seems to matter very much to us right now. 

Hours go by; it seems, in just one blink of an eye, 

You take my breath away as much as God’s great sky. 

 

Please, in this moment, really bask and bathe, 

Someday, I know that you will be able to define your faith. 

Endless possibilities seem to open themselves up, 

I feel so very safe in our well-established trust. 

 

While the threat of death may loom in front of you, 

I know you will discover precisely that which will be true, 

Perhaps, too much, the past seems to entrap us both, 

But lately, your love seems to be that which matters most. 

 

This arboretum shows us a new path to follow, 

No longer in misery, do we have to wallow, 

While little moments of frustration may leave your heart sore, 

Please remember:  With me, you don’t have to be afraid anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Just Love Me     The spark starts a fire.   Grass, trees, flowers, buildings, living beings go up in flames.   Amidst the destruction is a t...