Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Flower Parade are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 18th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Radomir Vojtech Luza

Pumpkin Parade


I grew up in New Orleans
Sometimes that made me want to kill myself

There was nothing there but
The Saints and Mardi Gras

The Mardi Gras shooting this year
Was blue and of another hue.

Why injure the innocent at a parade?
Why turn joy into an unhappy boy?
Frightening children with a nasty toy

When the headless horseman redeploys
Into a bean plant of soy
Ever so coy
The cries heard destroy





Flower Parade

Tulips and talent
Remember pain much longer

Roses and remedies find
The truest harmony

Carnations and cruelty leave
The deepest propensity

Daisies and Darwin
Open a mangled opportunity.





Pockmarked Parade

When I was 19
I loved the Mardi Gras in New Orleans

Beads and doubloons filled my pickets and
Hung from my neck

I was speed squared and
Nimbleness nuked

Today at 59 I lie in an electric bed 
For 22 hours a day

I can hardly walk without a walker
Weep daily like the rock n' roll of Bill Hailey

I may not be able to drive a car 
Or run again.

When I brew I want the hot stew
Not the present new

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Just Love Me     The spark starts a fire.   Grass, trees, flowers, buildings, living beings go up in flames.   Amidst the destruction is a t...