Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Flower Parade are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 18th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Petrouchka Alexieva

Seven Roses on the Bench

 

This winter snow is almost gone

Dripping icicles are singing spring songs

Of new hope

 

Sun is brighter in today’s morning.

In the park, I’m walking slowly.

It’s my routine.

 

Placed over the snow,

I found seven roses on the bench,

Freshly cut, spreading aroma and still alive.

 

Seven roses – intense velvety red, long stems;

I only could guess…I feel it…

Ooh, no, no, no – they were not lost.

 

Somebody’s heart just broke.

Somebody’s heart was burnt like seven painful flames.

Somebody’s heart lost its beat.

 

I wish I could heal it.

I wish I could glue these seven shuttered pieces;

Or maybe to stitch this heart a little bit.

 

I picked up them all seven…gently.

Saved them from cold, saved them from thirst.

Seven roses, one broken heart and a whole universe.

 

Who would’ve though...

Ooh, no, no, no…They were not lost.

Ooh, no, no, no…They are not going to turn into frost.

 

 


Broken Flower on the Pavement


Careful! Careful, you all

Who always rush on the pavement!

Don’t step on a flower that is broken.

Once it was happy… cheerful…bright.

 

Once it was whole on a stem and the sun

Brightened its smile, cheered its petals.

It called butterflies to a graceful dance.

But ended up cut, dropped and neglected.

 

Colors darken, leaves began fading,

But I love it, and I will save it in my palms –

For a day or two, or perhaps for tree.

And I will paint it the way it is.





I Wish I Was a Blossom Fairy

 

I wish I was a blossom fairy

Who rides on a back of a hummingbird,

Who dives deeply into colors and fragrance

Among millions of glorious petals

And explore this magical world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Just Love Me     The spark starts a fire.   Grass, trees, flowers, buildings, living beings go up in flames.   Amidst the destruction is a t...