Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Flower Parade are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 18th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Gia Civerolo

ANTS CRAWLED ACROSS NOTES AND NAMES

 

She forgot what she wanted to say,

There was too much and nothing at all

The dead leaves began to fall

from the red roses in a white vase

Remembering the sad song

that played over and 

over again in her head 

She was all alone

lying next to you in bed while

ants crawled across notes and names

 



petals & bones

 

I watch you sleep

through a female gaze

I struggle to remember the

names of your bones

I baptize each one

Grind them between

my teeth         

 

You dream about

sea salt ocean waves

with pink rose petals

swirling around my

painted purple toes

 

I taste your allure twisting

on my neon tongue

Matching each breath to yours




true beauty haiku

 

True beauty. Dead roses

In a vase with no water.

An altar to you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

Just Love Me     The spark starts a fire.   Grass, trees, flowers, buildings, living beings go up in flames.   Amidst the destruction is a t...